The E-Tube app allows you to customize Shimano Di2 functionalities and update Di2 firmware versions wirelessly via Bluetooth. It’s available for 11 and 12-speed Shimano Di2 electronic shifting groupsets.
This article provides steps to wirelessly connect to the Shimano E-Tube app via Bluetooth.
E-Tube app prerequisites
For the E-Tube app to work, you’ll need :
- 12-speed Shimano Di2 (Dura-Ace, Ultegra, 105), or
- 11-speed Shimano Di2 (Dura-Ace, Ultegra, GRX)
- BT-DN110 internal battery (for 11-speed)
- EW-WU111 wireless unit (for 11-speed)
How to connect Shimano Di2 to E-Tube app
Follow these steps to connect the E-Tube app to the Shimano Di2 system.
- Download and install the E-Tube app on your phone from the Apple Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Launch the E-Tube App.
- 11-speed Shimano Di2 (Dura-Ace, Ultegra, GRX). Enable pairing mode on the Shimano Di2 system by pressing and holding the button on Junction A. Depending on your bike’s setup, Junction A can be located below the stem, handlebar end, or downtube. The system is in pairing mode when the green and red LEDs flash alternately.
- 12-speed Shimano Di2 (Dura-Ace, Ultegra, 105). Press and hold the function button on the rear derailleur. The system is in pairing mode when the blue LED flashes.
- If asked for a passkey, the default Di2 password is 000000. You can change the password in the E-Tube app for security reasons.
- The E-Tube App will list all connected Shimano Di2 components.
- You’re connected and can now update the firmware version, customize the shifting modes, or perform micro-adjustments on the front and rear derailleurs.
E-Tube app FAQ
Do I have to pay to use the Shimano E-Tube app?
The Shimano E-Tube app is free to download for everyone.
What is the difference between the mobile and desktop app?
The mobile version connects wirelessly via Bluetooth and can perform basic maintenance tasks, which are adequate for most cyclists.
I’m having trouble connecting my Di2 system to the E-Tube App. What should I do?
First, ensure your smartphone’s Bluetooth is enabled and you have Shimano Di2 Wireless Unit installed. If you’re still unable to connect, try resetting the wireless unit by disconnecting and reconnecting it from the battery.