Cycling for Middle-Aged Men
I write about road cycling in plain English, covering guides and tips for people who share the same passion.
Clothing guides and how to’s
- How Should A Cycling Jersey Fit?
- How to Wear Bib Shorts Correctly
- How to Layer for Winter Riding
- How to Keep Your Feet Warm On Winter Rides
- How to Choose A Bicycle Helmet
- How to Clean Cycling Shoes
- How to Quickly Dry Cycling Shoes
- How to Wash Cycling Bibs and Jerseys
- How to Remove Grease from Cycling Clothing
- How to Re-waterproof A Cycling Rain Jacket
Bike maintenance guides
- How to Fix the Common Bike Problems
- How to Check for Chain Wear
- How to Size A Bike Chain to Length
- How to Wax A Bike Chain
- How to Replace Disc Brake Pads
- How to Bed in New Disc Brake Pads
- How to Identify and Fix A Creaking Bike
- How to Use A Bicycle Torque Wrench
- How to Install Tubeless Tires
- How to Remove Bicycle Pedals
- When to Replace A Bicycle Helmet?
- How to Wear A Bicycle Helmet Correctly
- Why Check Weather Forecast Before Each Ride?
- How to Ride Safely in A Group
- How to Lead A Group Bike Ride
- How to Prevent Crashes in Group Rides
- Why Use Bike Lights?
- How to Ride A Bike Safely in the Rain
- How to Ride in Hot and Humid Conditions
Training guide and tips
- Why Train with A Power Meter?
- Power Meter Mistakes to Avoid
- How to Balance Cycling and Family Time
- How to Recover Faster after A Long Ride
- How to Plan for An Active Recovery Ride
- How to Avoid Bonking while Cycling
- How to Prepare for A Century Ride
- How to Prevent Chafing and Saddle Sores
- How to Complete Rapha Festive 500
- Why Do Cyclists Shave Their Legs?