This article discusses how to reset the default Shimano Di2 Bluetooth passcode.
Page contents :
What is the default passcode?
What is the passcode for?
The passcode provides a layer of security to your Di2 system. It prevents strangers from accessing and changing your Di2 configurations without your knowledge.
Similar to your home router password, it’s advisable not to use the default passcode.
How to change the default passcode?
- Connect to the Di2 system via Bluetooth on the E-Tube Project app.
- Once connected, scroll down through the list of Di2 components and look for the Wireless Module (EW-WU111, EW-WU101).
- Select Change at the bottom.
- Enter the new 6-digit passcode.
- Select Apply to save changes.
- Disconnect the app from the Di2 system. Otherwise, the shifting wouldn’t work.
What if I forgot the passcode?
You’ll have to connect the Di2 system to the PC and use the desktop E-Tube Project App. To do so, you’ll need the SM-PCE01 or SM-PCE02 linkage device.
Alternatively, your local bike shop should have the device and will be able to reset the passcode for you.
Was this page helpful?