Mr. Mamil is the home of road cycling for middle-aged men looking for high-quality information and entertaining articles to help them get into cycling and be better riders.
Alex Lee and Bernard Lu run Mr. Mamil. They’re passionate cyclists in their mid-40s with a young, growing family based in Melbourne, Australia. Here, they share their passion and obsession with bikes with like-minded individuals like yourself.
Alex Lee started Mr. Mamil in late 2021.
He’s been riding road bikes actively for the past 12 years after his colleagues introduced him to cycling. It was a way to shed the extra weight from his sedentary lifestyle and former job as a network engineer. But it wasn’t long before he found himself addicted to the rush of adrenaline, the feeling of freedom, and the pure joy of being on the bike.
In 2019, he started racing competitively in the senior categories to add another dimension to his cycling experience.
Off the bike, his engineer’s curiosity takes over. He’d spend countless hours staying up to date with the latest developments in cycling, from cutting-edge bikes to state-of-the-art gear.
And just like in his past engineering career, he would break it down into easy-to-understand and digestible content here on MrMamil.com.
- Electrical and Electronics (Bachelor of Engineering – Honours), Deakin University
Bernard Lu has 7+ years of experience working full-time in a bicycle shop. He oversaw both the retail and workshop activities. He’s a qualified bicycle mechanic who understands cyclists’ needs and speaks the same cycling lingo.
He’s owned several bikes, such as a Scott Addict, S-Works Tarmac SL4, S-Works Venge, Pinarello Dogma F, and Cervelo Aspero. Being a bicycle shop employee, he had the privilege of riding and testing various demo bikes.
Like many middle-aged cyclists, he’s always up-to-date with the latest cycling news, whether it’s a new bike, accessories, clothing, or components.
- Certificate III in Bicycle Workshop Operations, Box Hill TAFE
- Certificate II in Bicycle Mechanical Technology, Box Hill TAFE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Monash University
What we write about
We aim to provide you with the best resource for road cycling. The topics we are passionate about can be categorized below;
- How-to’s cover everything from bike maintenance and repairs to gadgets, clothing care, and training tips. The guides take you through each step in detail, with plenty of photos and videos to help you along the way.
- Buying guides help you make informed decisions before purchasing new cycling gear. We will walk you through the different types of gear, compare the pros and cons, and discuss essential features to consider.
- Product reviews are unbiased and based on real-world testing, so you can be sure you’re getting the most accurate and helpful information. We discuss what we liked and didn’t like about each product and give you our honest opinion about whether it’s worth your money.
We value our editorial independence, especially regarding product recommendations and reviews. We do not accept any financial compensation from manufacturers to feature their products.
We participate in affiliate partnerships to sustain the website operations and provide quality content. We earn a small commission when you purchase through the links on this website, such as those to Amazon, Competitive Cyclist, REI, and Wiggle. This commission helps us pay for our time and effort and provides additional funds to purchase new products for review.
Rest assured that the price you see on the merchant’s website remains the same for you. In other words, they cover our commission from their profit margin instead of charging you extra. If you choose to return a purchased product, our commission will be reversed accordingly.
Use the Contact Page to get in touch.