Thinking of upgrading your Cannondale crankset with a power meter?
There are three options for you to consider;
In this article, we’ll explore the three options in detail.
Left-sided power meters
The only choice for left-sided power meters is Stages.
You’ll need to purchase the left Cannondale Hollogram Si crankarm with a built-in power meter (15g). It’s available in 165, 170, 172.5, or 175mm. The isn’t an option to send the crankarm to Stages to fit the power meter
There is no SiSL2 (lighter version) crankarm available. The graphics on the crankarm is the latest version from Cannondale (photo above).
More reading : 4iiii vs Stages Power Meters Comparison
Spider-based power meters
For spider-based power meters, there are two options from Power2max depending on your budget.
- Power2max NG Road, the top-of-the-line model with ±1% accuracy, rechargeable battery, and advanced power metrics.
- Power2max NGeco Road, a mid-range model with ±2% accuracy and uses a CR2450 coin battery.
The power meters are available in either 110 or 130BCD sizes. You can reuse your existing Cannondale crankarms and 5-bolt chainrings.
If you’re currently using the Cannondale OPI SpideRing 8-Arm Chainring, you’ll need to purchase a new 5-bolt chainring to match the power meter.
More reading : Power2max NG Road vs NGeco Road Comparison
Pedal-based power meters
For pedal-based power meters, you can choose between;
- Garmin Rally RS (Shimano) or RK (Look)
- SRM Exakt
- Favero Assioma
Pedal-based power meters are the easiest to install by just swapping out the existing pedals.
|Comparison||Garmin Rally||SRM Exakt||Favero Assioma Duo||Favero Assioma Duo-Shi|
|Weight (pair)||320g to 326g||310g||303g||varies**|
|Connectivity||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE|
|Battery Life||120 hours||30 hours||50 hours||50 hours|
|Cleat type||Shimano SPD-SL||Look Keo||Look Keo||Shimano SPD-SL|
|Warranty||1 year||2 years||2 years||2 years|
- * Weight – Garmin Rally RS200 (320g), Rally RK200 (326g), Rally RS100 (160g), Rally RK100 (163g)
- ** Weight depends on the Shimano pedal body used. The spindles weigh 198g/pair and 314g/pair when used with a Shimano R8000 pedal body.
- *** Pedal stack depends on the Shimano pedal body used.
- **** Q-factor – 65mm (Shimano R8000/R6800), 64mm (R550/R540)
The Garmin Rally is the latest power meter by Garmin, with four models.
- RS200, dual-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
- RS100, left-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
- RK200, dual-sided, Look Keo cleats
- RK100, left-sided, Look Keo cleats
More reading : Garmin Rally RS200 Review
The SRM Exakt is an SRM power meter built into a Look Keo pedal. It’s available in single-sided (left) or dual-sided options.
The Favero Assioma is available in three variants;
- Assioma Duo, dual-sided, Look Keo cleats
- Assioma Uno, left-sided, Look Keo cleats
- Assioma Duo-Shi, dual-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
The Favero Asisoma Duo-Shi is sold with pedal spindles only and without a pedal body. You’ll need to use an existing Shimano pedal and install it on the Favero Assioma Duo-Shi.
Compatible pedal bodies are the Shimano PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550, and PD-R540.