Power2Max is one of the leading cycling power meter manufacturers today.
The founders, Marco Rockstroh and Andreas Görnitz have extensive experience in the German automotive industry before starting Power2Max in 2006. The objective is to develop a reliable sensor to measure cyclists’ power out under all weather conditions.
The first Power2Max power meter was the Classic (2010) which made its debut in Eurobike 2010. It’s then followed by Type S (2013), NGeco (2017), and NG (2017).
Today, Power2Max’s power meters have the widest crankset compatibility across all major crankarm brands for road, mountain, gravel, and track bikes. All Power2Max’s power meters are spider-based.
There are currently two power meter models available;
- NG Road, the top-of-the-line model with +/1% accuracy.
- NGeco Road, an affordable mid-range model with +/2% accuracy.
In this article, we’ll compare the NG Road and NGeco Road and explain the differences between each model.
|Specifications||NG Road||NGeco Road|
|Data points||Power, Cadence|
Pedal smoothness (ANT+)
Pedal smoothness (ANT+)**
|Connectivity||ANT+, Bluetooth LE||ANT+, Bluetooth LE|
|Warranty||2 years***||2 years***|
|Weight (spider only)***||126 – 169g****||128 – 177g****|
|Battery Life||up to 150h||up to 300h|
- * Can be upgraded to ±1% for €100 (approx $103 / £87 / A$155).
- ** Can be upgraded for €50 (approx $52 / £44 / A$78).
- *** Can be extended from 2 to 5 years for €150 (approx $155 / £131 / A$233)
- **** Weight difference between NG and NGeco is 8g. Overall weight depends on the specific power meter model.
- **** The 110 4-SL, a lighter model (30g) upgrade for Shimano chainrings, is available for Rotor ALDHU and Easton crankarms for €100 (approx $103 / £87 / A$155).
Power2max power meters have wide compatibility across many major crankarm brands.
The table below shows the available compatibility, configurations, and weight (spider only).
|Crankarm||BCD||NG weight (g)||NGeco weight (g)|
|Spécialités TA Horizon||110||152||160|
More reading : Which Power Meter Fits A Shimano Crankset?
Where to buy
Power2max is available directly from them at;
The table below shows retail prices of all Power2max NG and NGeco road models.
|Crankarm||NG Spider||NG spider + crankarm||NGeco Spider||NGeco spider + crankarm|
|Shimano||€790||€840 – €990*||€540||€590 – €740*|
|Spécialités TA Horizon||€790||€540|
- * Final price depends on the type of crankarm chosen; Power2max’s own vs Rotor ALDHU24