This article covers the steps to install your Wahoo Elemnt/Bolt/Roam firmware to the latest version.
Remember to check the Firmware Update Release Notes for the specific head unit model before updating. The firmware updates usually contain bug fixes and occasionally new functionalities.
How to update Wahoo Elemnt/Bolt/Roam firmware
- Fully charge the head unit.
- On the head unit, press the power button to access the Settings page.
- Scroll down to the bottom to System Info.
- Select Open.
- You’ll see the amount of free storage space available. Make sure you have at least 200MB of free space.
- Go to Check for Updates
- Select Check.
- You’ll be prompted to Install Update and Reboot if there is a newer firmware version.
- Select Yes.
- The new firmware package will be downloaded, and installed and the head unit will automatically reboot once done.
Common problems with firmware updates
- Slow and/or unstable WiFi connections might cause delays and errors when downloading the firmware package. Check the WiFi connection status and make sure it’s stable.
- Insufficient storage space. The firmware package needs to be downloaded and stored in the head unit before updating. If you run out of storage space, delete some of the unused maps. Inside the Wahoo ELEMNT app, go to Settings, Manage Maps.
- Losing connection to Wahoo ELEMNT app. You’ll need to re-pair the head unit with your smartphone again.
Was this page helpful?