In this article, I’ll guide you through deleting routes from Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and Roam.
Routes on the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and Roam can either be automatically synced from third-party services (Ride with GPS, Strava, or Komoot) or manually uploaded from the Wahoo Elemnt app.
Method 1. Delete automatically synced routes
Here are the steps to delete the routes.
- Ensure you’ve set up the routes from third-party services (Ride with GPS, Strava, Komoot, etc) to automatically sync to the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt or Roam. If unsure, check the instructions here.
- Log into the specific third-party services (Ride with GPS, Strava, Komoot, etc) and delete the routes from within the dashboard.
- On the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt or Roam head unit, press the Page button until the map page appears. If the map page doesn’t appear, activate it from the Wahoo Elemnt app.
- Press the Route button.
- Press the up/down button until you see the Sync option.
- Press the Sync button. The routes will disappear once the sync completes. If the routes don’t disappear, try to Sync again.
Method 2. Delete manually uploaded routes
If you previously manually uploaded the route using the Wahoo ELEMNT app, you can delete them using a similar method.
Here are the steps.
- Launch the Wahoo ELEMNT app
- Tap Workout tab.
- Tap View routes. You’ll be presented with a list of routes.
- Swipe left on the route map you want to delete. You can only delete routes marked with Wahoo, not third-party services routes marked with Ride with GPS, Strava, or Komoot. Follow Method 1 above to delete these.
Alex Lee is the founder and editor-at-large of Mr. Mamil. Coming from a professional engineering background, he breaks down technical cycling nuances into an easy-to-understand and digestible format here.
He has been riding road bikes actively for the past 12 years and started racing competitively in the senior category during the summer recently.