Looking for power meter options for your Specialized or S-Works crankset?
There are two options;
In this article, we’ll explore the three options in detail.
Spider-based power meters
|Comparison||Power2max NG Road||Power2max NGeco Road||Quarq DZero||Sigeyi AXO|
|BCD*||110, 130||110, 130||110, 130||110|
|Battery life||up to 150h||up to 300h||200 hours||120 hours|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years||2 years|
Four spider-based power meters fit a Specialized/S-Works crankarm;
- Power2max NG Road is a top-of-the-line model from Power2max with ±1% accuracy and a rechargeable battery.
- Power2max NGeco Road is a mid-range and more affordable option with ±2% accuracy and uses a CR2450 coin battery.
- Quarq DZero is compatible with all carbon Specialized and S-Works crankarms from 2013 to 2018. It’s not compatible with the dual-sided S-Works Power Cranks.
- Sigeyi AXO is a newcomer to the power meter space. It’s priced very competitively at $338 and has similar features to the top-of-the-line Power2max NG Road.
All models, except the Sigeyi AXO have an option for 110 or 130 BCD. You can reuse the existing 5-bolt chainring and only swap out the non-power meter spider.
More reading : Power2max NG Road vs NGeco Road Comparison
Pedal-based power meters
For pedal-based power meters, you can choose between;
- Garmin Rally RS (Shimano) or RK (Look)
- SRM Exakt
- Favero Assioma
Pedal-based power meters are the easiest to install by just swapping out the existing pedals.
|Comparison||Garmin Rally||SRM Exakt||Favero Assioma Duo||Favero Assioma Duo-Shi|
|Weight (pair)||320g to 326g||310g||303g||varies**|
|Connectivity||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE|
|Battery Life||120 hours||30 hours||50 hours||50 hours|
|Cleat type||Shimano SPD-SL||Look Keo||Look Keo||Shimano SPD-SL|
|Warranty||1 year||2 years||2 years||2 years|
- * Weight – Garmin Rally RS200 (320g), Rally RK200 (326g), Rally RS100 (160g), Rally RK100 (163g)
- ** Weight depends on the Shimano pedal body used. The spindles weigh 198g/pair and 314g/pair when used with a Shimano R8000 pedal body.
- *** Pedal stack depends on the Shimano pedal body used.
- **** Q-factor – 65mm (Shimano R8000/R6800), 64mm (R550/R540)
The Garmin Rally is the latest power meter by Garmin, with four models.
- RS200, dual-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
- RS100, left-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
- RK200, dual-sided, Look Keo cleats
- RK100, left-sided, Look Keo cleats
More reading : Garmin Rally RS200 Review
The SRM Exakt is an SRM power meter built into a Look Keo pedal. It’s available in single-sided (left) or dual-sided options.
The Favero Assioma is available in three variants;
- Assioma Duo, dual-sided, Look Keo cleats
- Assioma Uno, left-sided, Look Keo cleats
- Assioma Duo-Shi, dual-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
The Favero Asisoma Duo-Shi is sold with pedal spindles only and without a pedal body. You’ll need to use an existing Shimano pedal and install it on the Favero Assioma Duo-Shi.
Compatible pedal bodies are the Shimano PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550, and PD-R540.