Thinking of upgrading your Praxis Works crankset with a power meter?
There are two options for you to consider;
In this article, we’ll explore both options in detail.
Spider-based power meters
The only spider-based power meter option for Praxis Works is from Power2max;
- Power2max NG Road, the top-of-the-line model with ±1% accuracy, rechargeable battery, and advanced power metrics.
- Power2max NGeco Road, a mid-range model with ±2% accuracy and uses a CR2450 coin battery.
The latest Praxis Works cranksets come in a modular setup consisting of the 3-bolt crankarms, axle, and direct mount LevaTime 2 chainring. This includes the Alba, Zayante Carb-S, and Zayante Carbon crankarms.
You’ll need a new set of chainrings from a traditional 5-bolt BCD 110/130 or 4-bolt Shimano to replace the direct mount chainrings.
More reading : Power2max NG Road vs NGeco Road Comparison
Pedal-based power meters
For pedal-based power meters, you can choose between;
- Garmin Rally RS (Shimano) or RK (Look)
- SRM Exakt
- Favero Assioma
Pedal-based power meters are the easiest to install by just swapping out the existing pedals.
|Comparison||Garmin Rally||SRM Exakt||Favero Assioma Duo||Favero Assioma Duo-Shi|
|Weight (pair)||320g to 326g||310g||303g||varies**|
|Connectivity||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE||ANT+, BLE|
|Battery Life||120 hours||30 hours||50 hours||50 hours|
|Cleat type||Shimano SPD-SL||Look Keo||Look Keo||Shimano SPD-SL|
|Warranty||1 year||2 years||2 years||2 years|
- * Weight – Garmin Rally RS200 (320g), Rally RK200 (326g), Rally RS100 (160g), Rally RK100 (163g)
- ** Weight depends on the Shimano pedal body used. The spindles weigh 198g/pair and 314g/pair when used with a Shimano R8000 pedal body.
- *** Pedal stack depends on the Shimano pedal body used.
- **** Q-factor – 65mm (Shimano R8000/R6800), 64mm (R550/R540)
The Garmin Rally is the latest power meter by Garmin, with four models.
- RS200, dual-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
- RS100, left-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
- RK200, dual-sided, Look Keo cleats
- RK100, left-sided, Look Keo cleats
More reading : Garmin Rally RS200 Review
The SRM Exakt is an SRM power meter built into a Look Keo pedal. It’s available in single-sided (left) or dual-sided options.
The Favero Assioma is available in three variants;
- Assioma Duo, dual-sided, Look Keo cleats
- Assioma Uno, left-sided, Look Keo cleats
- Assioma Duo-Shi, dual-sided, Shimano SPD-SL cleats
The Favero Asisoma Duo-Shi is sold with pedal spindles only and without a pedal body. You’ll need to use an existing Shimano pedal and install it on the Favero Assioma Duo-Shi.
Compatible pedal bodies are the Shimano PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550, and PD-R540.