Morzine is a town in the Haute-Savoie region of southeastern France. It is located in the heart of the Portes du Soleil ski area, which spans the borders of France and Switzerland. Morzine is a popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts, hikers, and mountain bikers during the summer months.
Morzine is divided into two main areas: the village center and the Portes du Soleil ski area. The village center would be a good choice if you’re looking for a place close to all the action. The Portes du Soleil ski area might be a better option if you’re after more peace.
If you’re looking for affordable accommodation, it’s worth considering staying in a budget hostel or apartment. If you’re looking for something more luxurious, there are many great hotels in Morzine to choose from.
The prices of accommodation in Morzine vary depending on the time of year and the accommodation type. Generally, prices are highest during the winter ski season (December and January) and the summer peak season (July and August).
Hotels in Morzine
The hotels in Morzine are mostly suitable for couples or small families. A few larger hotels can accommodate groups but are typically more expensive.
Hotels are, on average, priced at around €100 per night. This price usually includes breakfast.
Most of the hotels in Morzine have a spa and a pool so you can relax after a long day of skiing or hiking.
Best hotels in Morzine
- Hotel Rhodos, Morzine, Rue De Bourg, 74110 Morzine, France. If you’re looking for a comfortable, centrally-located place to stay in Morzine, the Rhodos Hotel is a great choice. The guest rooms are spacious and well-equipped, and the breakfast room has a fantastic view of the town square and the mountains beyond. In the evenings, the bar is a great place to relax after a day on the slopes or sightseeing, and the restaurant serves delicious traditional French cuisine.
- Hotel Igloo, 270 Route de la Combe à Zorre, 74110 Morzine, France. Hotel Igloo is just 300m from the village center and a 4-minute walk from the Pleney ski lift. The rooms are spacious and well-equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay. It has a range of facilities, including a sauna, hammam, massage, and fitness room, which guests can use for free. There is also a bike and ski storage area.
- Hotel L’Equipe, 733 Avenue de Joux Plane, 74110 Morzine, France. The Hotel L’Equipe has a great pool and spa area. The guestrooms are spacious and have beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. And it’s just a short walk from the ski slopes, making it the perfect place to stay for a winter holiday.
- Hotel Le Soly, 234 Route de la Manche, 74110 Morzine, France. Hotel Le Soly has a great pool and a sun terrace that make for a great place to relax after a day of skiing. The rooms are comfortable and have a private balcony. The restaurant has great food, and the staff is friendly and helpful.
- Hotel le Petit Dru, 289 Route des Putheys, 74110 Morzine, France. The location is perfect, right near the slopes and with great views of the mountains. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and the amenities are top-notch. The heated pool and wellness center are a real bonus, especially in winter.
- Hôtel Les Côtes, 265 Chemin de la Salle, 74110 Morzine, France. The hotel has a great selection of facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, a sauna and hammam, and a fitness center with a tennis court. The rooms are comfortable and well-equipped, with private bathrooms and balconies. In the summer, there is a garden with a children’s playground and a boules field.
- L’Hermine Blanche, 414 Chemin du Mas Metout, 74110 Morzine, France. L’Hermine Blanche is a great place to stay if you are looking for a property close to the slopes. The free shuttle service makes getting to and from the slopes easy, and the on-site restaurant serves delicious traditional Savoyard cuisine.
- Hotel & Spa Le Dahu, 293 Chemin du Mas Metoud, 74110 Morzine, France. If you’re looking for a place to stay in Morzine with great mountain views, look no further than Le Dahu Hôtels-Chalets de Tradition. This property has everything you need to make your stay enjoyable, including a swimming pool and access to numerous activities both in winter and summer.
Budget hostels in Morzine
Hostels are ideal for budget-minded travelers looking for a place to crash after a long day of exploring. Prices typically range from €25 to €35 per night.
Most hostels include a bed in a shared dormitory room and provide access to common areas such as a kitchen, living room, and bathroom.
Best budget hostels in Morzine
- Hideout Hostel, 60 Route des Udrezants, 74110 Morzine, France. Hideout Hostel is a great place to stay if you’re looking for a chilled and relaxed atmosphere. The staff are super friendly and always around to help with anything you need. The hostel has a great restaurant on site with beautiful views of the mountains.
Apartments in Morzine
Apartments are a great option for those who want to be close to the action but don’t want to spend a fortune on accommodation. Prices start at around €50 per night.
Most apartments include basic amenities like a kitchenette and a private bathroom. Some even have balconies with stunning views of the mountains. Apartments are perfect for couples or small families who want their own space while on vacation.
Best apartments in Morzine
- Apartment Lizay Morzine, 237 Route de la Plagne, 74110 Morzine, France. This apartment is perfect for any winter sports enthusiast, offering wonderful views of the mountains and close proximity to the ski school. It features comfortable bedrooms, bathrooms, and a well-equipped kitchen and living area. When not hitting the slopes, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast on the apartment’s terrace or take in the sights and sounds of this charming town.
- Chalet Mary, 44a Chemin des Combes, 74110 Essert-Romand, France. Chalet Mary is a wonderful place to stay. The owner is very welcoming, and the property is in excellent condition. There is a lot of space, and the terrace is a great place to relax. The bed and breakfast offers a continental breakfast which was very delicious.
- Appart Saint-Antoine Morzine, 403 Chemin du Mas Metout, 74110 Morzine, France. Appart Saint-Antoine Morzine should be your top pick if you’re looking for a comfortable apartment in the heart of the French Alps. This property is surrounded by picturesque mountain scenery and has a fully equipped kitchen. There’s also a cozy living area where you can relax after a long day on the slopes.
- Les Gravillons, 316 Route des Bois Venants , 74110 Morzine, France. Les Gravillons is close to ski lifts, making it easy to get on the slopes, and there are also shops and restaurants for guests who want to explore the town. It’s well-equipped with a TV and all of the necessary kitchen appliances, making it a perfect place for a family or group of friends to stay.
- Les Roches Noires, 151 Taille de Mas des Frênes, 74110 Morzine, France. A great place to stay if you’re looking for a quiet and relaxing getaway. The chalet is well-equipped with all the amenities you need, and the staffs are very friendly and welcoming. Skiing is just a short walk away, or if you’re looking for something a little more relaxed, there are plenty of lovely trails to explore right from the doorstep.
Airbnbs in Morzine
Airbnbs are a great option for those looking for affordable accommodation. Prices start at around €30 per night, including breakfast and towels.
They are also usually located close to the slopes so that you can make the most of your time on the mountain. Airbnbs are perfect for couples or small groups of friends traveling together.
If you’re looking for a bit of extra space, or want to self-cater, then an Airbnb is the way to go.
Best Airbnb’s in Morzine
- Le Malamute is a stunning luxury 4-bedroom apartment, sleeping 8 to 10 guests. It’s a 10-minute walk to Morzine center. The apartment boasts vaulted ceilings in the living area and superb views from the terrace. A jacuzzi is on the balcony, so you can enjoy a dip and the mountain views.
- Brian’s Apartment is great for a large group, with plenty of space for everyone to relax and enjoy their stay. The WiFi and smart TV are great for keeping busy, and the laundry facilities are a huge bonus. The balconies are a great place to relax in the sun or have a meal.
- Nicola’s Condo has great views over the village and mountains. It’s spacious and modern, with everything you need for a comfortable stay. The location is perfect, just 500 meters from the village center and the lifts.
- Rosie’s Apartment is the perfect base for a fantastic ski or summer holiday. The views from the wraparound balcony are simply stunning, and the central location is ideal for exploring this charming mountain town. The interior has been tastefully renovated and has everything you need for a comfortable stay, including double and twin bedrooms.
Campsites in Morzine
Campsites in Morzine are great for families or groups of friends who want to enjoy the outdoors and save on accommodation costs. They are also good for those who want to be close to nature.
Most campsites include basic amenities like showers and toilets, and some even have swimming pools.
How to find the best accommodation deals in Morzine
- Look for off-peak deals. Morzine is a popular destination in the winter months, so you’ll find that prices are the highest. However, there are often great deals to be found outside of peak season.
- Compare prices across different platforms. There are several websites such as Booking.com and Wotif.com where you can find accommodation in Morzine. It’s always worth checking a few different ones to see who has the best price.
- Check for special offers. Sometimes hotels or Airbnb hosts offer special rates for certain dates or periods. It’s worth checking to see if there are any current offers before you book.
- Read reviews carefully. When you’re looking at accommodation options, be sure to read the reviews carefully. This will give you a good idea of what to expect from the property and the hosts.
- Ask around. If you know anyone who’s been to Morzine before, they may be able to recommend a great place to stay. Otherwise, try asking on forums or social media groups for recommendations.
More reading :